Time-saving Results Through Apprenticeships
How Business Administrators Can Help Your Business
We have just launched our level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship!
Business administration is a vital part of any company but it is sometimes overlooked when thinking about long term staff development - some companies may not realise what business administration actually entails and just how important it could be for the growth of your organisation.
In today’s article, we discuss exactly what business administration is, the value it brings to your organisation, and how to hire a business admin apprentice or train your existing administrators.
What Does Business Administration Actually Entail?
Business administration is a very broad field that includes many different roles and responsibilities. In simple terms, ”business administration is the work of managing an organisation's resources, time and people”.
In the short term, it is a fantastic way of outsourcing some responsibilities in a team that may be struggling with their time. In the long term, business administrators can help your organisation grow and continuously improve through better systems and processes.
Typical responsibilities of a business administrator could include:
- Supervising business growth
- Managing business activities
- Assisting teams who are implementing innovative short and long-term business goals
- Liaising and consulting with clients, staff, and suppliers
- Evaluating and enhancing employee performance
- Improving business programs, technologies, and policies
- Negotiating and approving agreements with internal and external stakeholders
- Overseeing and managing budget activities
- Harmonising organisational activities
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving administrative services across all departments
Why Companies Should Pay More Attention to Their Business Administrators
Business administrators provide true value to businesses and bring many benefits to organisations, they can help:
- Resolve issues across all areas of the company
- improve efficiency
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running of the business
- Enable greater efficiency
How to Develop an Exceptional Business Administrator
Business administrators are typically put onto short training courses to quickly get them up-to-speed and after that, their long term development can sometimes be overlooked even though they are such crucial components of the business.
Our level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship aims to:
- Give learners essential and highly-transferable knowledge, key skills, experience and behaviours
- Help learners develop a deeper understanding of organisational operations and functional processes, as well as the wider business environment
- Encourage learners to take responsibility to make decisions, gain confidence in their ability to add value, identify inefficiencies and resolve issues
- Provide the learner with key role model behaviours that promote a positive business culture
The apprenticeship combines face-to-face masterclasses, digital learning, work-based activities, and virtual workshops - supported through skills coaching and learning forums - to create a blended learning approach that offers great flexibility and complements hybrid working. It is split into 4 modules:
- Business Fundamentals
Looking at the inner workings of a business, key components and functions, budgets, laws and regulations, keeping accurate records and documents, promoting areas for improvement, feedback and more.
- Understanding, Influencing and Contributing to Projects
Looking at risk, using SWOT and SMART, following processes but also challenging for improvement, making sound judgements and more.
- Effective Communication and Collaboration
Looking at the benefits of working with people effectively, coaching, flexibility, how they personally add to the organisation, and clarifying and delivering on expectations of others.
- Understanding Your Business and Industry
Looking at organisational structure, MVV, strategy, the impact of internal and external pressures, the importance of flexibility, how to meet deadlines, taking responsibility and running effective meetings.
You can use this programme to train any existing receptionists, administrators, personal assistants, or office supervisors, or we can help you hire a business administration apprentice.
Sounds Great! So Where Can I Get a Business Apprentice?
We offer a very simple FREE 10-step recruitment service where we find the perfect candidate to fill the role at your organisation. This service is completely free of charge, and the £3,000 government grant for hiring an apprentice has also just been extended until January 2022 - so now is the perfect time to hire an apprentice!
As well as business administration, we can also help you hire an apprentice for roles in:
- Customer service
- Human Resources
Until next time...